- What time do the trips start?
The trips usually start at about 8am to 9am and end around 5pm.
- What places of interest do the trips visit?
You need to check the itinerary of your chosen tour, but places often visited by Jeep Safaris include:
- In the north of the island: The traditional villages of Anafonitria and Volimes (lunch stop or shopping), the most famous beach in the world Navagio (Shipwreck Beach), Xigia Beach or Makris Gialos Beach (with option to take a boat trip to the Blue Caves).
- In the west of the island: Agia Marina, Atheras (the highest point of the island at 756m), Gyri, Loucha, the 16th century Monastery of Yperagathos and Kampi (lunch stop).
- In the south of the island: Sarakina Mansion (Laganas), Keri Lighthouse, Andronios Wells and Damianou Caves.
- In the east of the island: Monospilia Cave Monastery (near Tsilvi).
- Which resorts do they pick up from?
Aghios Sostis, Alykanas & Alykes, Argassi, Kalamaki, Laganas, Tragaki, Tsilivi and Zante Town.
- How much does a Jeep Safari cost?
Expect to pay approx €35 to €45 each. Children up to 12 years old usually get a 50% discount. This trip is not suitable for very young children.
- What do I need to bring with me?
Comfortable shoes, a swimsuit, sunglasses, sun lotion, a large bottle of water and money for lunch and shopping.
- Where can I book this excursion?
Look out for shops selling My Tours or Cavo Grosso excursions. If you book with your holiday rep it will be more expensive.