Day trip to Kefalonia
- What time does the day trip to Kefalonia start?
Coach pickup from your resort is at about 7:00am and you get back at around 9:00pm.
- What places of interest do the trips visit?
Day trips to Kefalonia by coach visit the main tourist attractions which include:
- In the north of the island: The Drogarati Cave and Melissani Lake near Sami and a lunch stop at the harbour of Agia Efimia
- In the centre of the island: The St Gerasimos Church.
- In the south of the island: Argostoli, the capital of Kefalonia and Pessada, where you catch the ferry back to Zante.
- In the west of the island: Myrtos Beach, made famous by the Captain Corelli film and a spectacular photo oportunity, but large coaches cannot navigate the hairpin bends on the road leading down to the beach so you can only look.
- Which resorts do they pick up from?
Coach transfers from Aghios Sostis, Alykanas & Alykes, Argassi, Kalamaki, Laganas, Tragaki, Tsilivi and Zante Town.
- How much does a day trip to Kefalonia cost?
Adults are €40 and children up to 12 years €20.
- What do I need to bring with me?
Comfortable shoes (118 Steps at Drogarati Cave), sunglasses, sun lotion and money for lunch and entrance fees to the Drogorati Cave €6 and Melissani Lake €7. Kefalonia is beautiful but this is a 14 hour excursion so be prepared for a very long day!
- Where can I book this excursion?
Most excursion shops will be selling this trip. If you book with your holiday rep it will be more expensive.