Stayed in the Albatros last June, will be doin the same no doubt this year! Stayed in Laganas twice now, previously stayed at the Ionis which is nice but far more pricey and the Albatros uses the pool so not an issue! To me its the perfect spot to stay but everyones different so...easiest way to describe is probably positives and negatives ....
- Central- on main crossroads of strip so you are literally right in the middle of the action- below is a restaurant, next door is a fast food place (Chubby Burger), directly opposite and next door but 1 are 2 bars (Must and G-spot) 1 is very much a cocktail bar, one a sport bar. There's also a sex shop next door!! And a shop just across the crossroads- a grocery and alcohol one and a souvenier one so there is literally everything you could want right on your doorstep. Beach is a 5 minute walk away too. If you don't like walking this is your ultimate hotel!
- Pool- they use the Ionis hotels pool but this is literally a couple of minutes walk down the strip towards the beach and is a really nice pool, with a good pool bar. And they collect lilos so you can always use one rather than buying! This is generally where you can find your reps too (if you go with 2wentys) usually messing about and pushing people in the pool.
- Rooms- They are basically a place to sleep, if you are on a clubbing holiday then thats all you need. Basic rooms with 2 beds i found to be perfectly comfortable, shower, kitcheonette, balcony- we were lucky (or unlucky maybe) to get one over the strip so we could watch what was going on, although this did mean we have the nosiest of the rooms.
- Restaurant- Named as the hotel, this is below and has a mix of english dishes and greek dishes, pleasant waiters and food always good at reasonable prices. We ate here a few times even before we stayed in the hotel.
- Noise- if you do not sleep well this is maybe not the hotel for you. As it is in the centre you do tend to get noice 24/7 (exept maybe 8am-11am, then is usually quiet haha) But as I say we were above the strip so we got all the noise, back facing apartments were probably a lot quieter. As i was usually trollied and sleep through anything the noise was not a problem in the slightest to me. Howver my friend who is a light sleeper did complain a couple of times.
- Reception- The reception is only manned a few hours a day and this is where the safety deposit boxes are so you need to plan ahead a bit in taking money etc out if you are used to 24/7 receptions in places like the Ionis for example. If you do need something though you can always find a staff member at the restaurant who will open reception for you so it's not really an issue. You keep the key so can get into your apartment at any time of course.
- Staff- The people of reception are scary on meeting, its kind of like teacher talk in the fact they want you to look after the place etc so on arrival we got a lecture of not making noise, not breaking things, not playing music, keeping out apartment clean and tidy etc. That was a little bit of a dampner on arrival but I think its a bit of a scare tactic and if you are fair with them theres no problem. But they do take a 50 euro deposit so it is in you interest to behave! Still we played music at a reasonable volume, came in at all hours and even got locked out of my room and got the security guard to let me in at about 4 in the morning and we had no problems getting our deposit back.
In Summary the apartments are perfect for a clubbing holiday and i wouldn't think twice about booking again, its just best to know if you can be fussy about things.
This hotel is not luxury or based in tranquility but it is in the best possible location and perfectly reasonable sized rooms with everything you need both in the rooms and outside.
Anything i missed? Hehe