Hi There all!
We were also there at same time as last post, totally agree with last coment- this was our second visit to the Santy Maria in two years, still fab, a few people think that 600 metres to the beach/town is a lot, but not really - our children walked it every day ages 10 and 8. Just seems a little further due to the intense heat we had whilst there!
We made one mistake and tried to go into town just after 2 in the afternoon, BAD MISTAKE, as far too hot children looked as though they had just walked through the desert for a while, despite plenty of stops and loads of water. Go into town in the morning or early evening !
Hi to all, Sandy Tina and Spiros and family , I don't know how you all manage!
We will be back hopefully to visit in a couple of years!
Had a fantastic holiday
1) 1% commision is given on Eurocheques op road from Popyes and Greek Restrant on left hand side going towards the Mini Golf- Sprio's takes 4%, oly found this out on last day, so well worth the walk into town tosave a bit of money!
2) Before you go buy a colapsable 2 litre bottle from a hilwalking shop and take water saf tablets (Boots the chemist £7 approx) and make your own safe water - safe a few euro's (we drank over 20 litres of water in our 2 weeks stay)
3) Take ice cube bags and make your own ice with your safe water
4) Buy carton's of juice/Capri sun and make your own Ice blocks (Jublies) or use them on your travels into town for instant cold drinks!
5) If you miss toast on holiday - make it with your basic room equipment - heat Frying pan slowly (dry) and place bread in it- tun regularly and toast with be delicious- make a sandwish and do same thing and you will have a delicous toastie- saving you loads! and just as good as Spiros at the bar!
Take care and enjoy your holiday
(Stuart, Ross and Ashley)